Having sharp pain under rib cage, now soft lump appeared. How to cure this?

I Have a sharp shooting pain under my left side rib cage x 4 weeks intermittantly. I just noticed that in that same area there is a soft oblong lump the size of an almond.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

If the pain is deep inside under the rib cage then an Ultrasound scan of the abdomen would be a gold standard diagnostic tool to identify the cause.

If the pain is in the lump you mention then a FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) has to be done. In this test a small amount of material is extracted from the lump using a needle and examined under microscope. This helps in identifying the type of swelling it is to plan a specific management.

Meanwhile do use medications like a combination of mefenamic acid and dicyclomine hydrochloride which are anti inflammatory and antispasmodic respectively.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.