Having sharp pain near anus. What could be causing this?

Hi... I have been having shooting pains near my anus. They almost feel like little electric shocks. They are not painful just uncomfortable. What could be causing this?
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 10 minutes later

I have noted your complaints. Based on the symptoms, the possibilities are anal fissure, local infection and a remote possibility of neurological involvement.

A detailed clinical examination and neurological assessment will be helpful to differentiate amongst the possibilities. Your local physician can guide you through examination. This will help to plan further investigations.

Your management will depend upon the cause.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best wishes