Having sharp pain in lung. Possibility of a pulmonary embolus?

Hi. I am a 27yr old female. I was working out today and I noticed I was having a much harder time than usual enduring my cardio workout. After I finished I started having sharp pains in my left lung. Since the then the pain only occurs when I take a XXXXXX breath. I'm concerned with the possibility of a pulmonary embolus, but I don't think I have a whole lot of the risk factors. I did have a csection 15 months ago, but it seems a bit late to be a result of that. I did start taking oxypro elite 5 days ago. I scheduled an appt to see my dr but he doesn't have an opening for a week. Could this possibly just be an unusual side effect of the medication? The pain is not unbearable and I hate to go to the ER.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Going through your symptoms and history it suggests that it can't be a pulmonary embolism because it has many more symptoms like shallow breathing,rapid breathing,cough,coughing of blood along with pain in chest during breathing while you are having only slight pain on XXXXXX inspiration only.

This doesn't look like the side effect of oxypro elite as The side effects include nervousness,anxiety,racing heart,headache,insomnia etc.

In my opinion your problem is due to strain and inflammation of muscles and ligaments between your ribs caused during your workout.

Just stop doing workout for few days and take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 5 days.
I hope you should be all right with these measures.
In case your problem worsens,then you may go to ER or see your doctor depending upon the severity of your problem.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck