Having sharp pain in lower back, vagina and abdomen. Looking for relief

i am having sharp pains in my lower back and in my vigina area, and my stomach has been hurting for about two weeks
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Pain in the lower back and abdomen and vagina in a young female could be due to -
1) Pelvic inflammatory disease - An ultrasound scan will help in diagnosis. You may have leukorrhoea. More likely if you have an IUD
2) dysuria and frequency
3) Tubo-ovarian pathologies - are usually visible on imaging studies unless it is a transient problem like torsion
4) Intestinal infections.
5) Renal calculi.
You might benefit by visiting the Emergency Room so that you can be evaluated with a panel of blood tests and a ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis OR a CT scan to diagnose the underlying condition and initiate necessary interventions for proper treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.