Having sharp pain in head and neck. Treated for sinus infection. Could this be a migraine?

sharp pain behind left eyebrow, back of head and general ache on left side of head and neck , daily for 4 weeks. Being treated for sinus infection, 2 courses of antibiotics and 1 course of pregnisone , no relief. Sinus xray just returned XXXXXXX unremarkable study". Today woke up with pain behind eyebrow and took 25 mg imitrex, no relief. Two hrs. later took 25mg more and pain subsided. Could this be a migraine?? I do get migraines from time to time but present differently than this. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later

The account which you have given it gives me an impression of migraine.

Though typical migraine starts with prodromal symptoms associated with one sided headache, throbbing in character along with nausea (sickly feeling), sometimes one gets blurring of vision and finds difficult to tolerate light (photophobia). But it may present in different ways as well.

The medication which you have taken is Sumatriptan which is for migraine and you responded with that. I think it was a migraine attack mostly.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherlee