Having sharp pain in forehead. Could this be anxiety, neurological, migraine or seizures related?

I am 71 years of age. I have a sharp pain than runs through the front of my head and forces my eyes to spasm shut for from severl seconds to several minutes. It occurs daily through out the day. Could this beanxiety related, nuerolgical, migrane or allergies. , sezures
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The correlation of this pain and the eyes could be suggestive of a primary headache, especially tension or migraine. Anxiety in this case would really be a rare possibility. Classical symptoms of anxiety appear far before onset of symptoms like headache (palpitations, fear, at times tremor, feeling of apparent death or that something bad is going to happen), and headaches in anxiety are generally due to altered.
Its probably not a seizure because its not a focal nor generalized abnormal brain excitation signs(loss of function, fits, speech loss, absence, convulsions,frequent disconnection with "the world", no abnormal movements described by peers during sleep.
It would be interesting to know if any of these have been reported by those close to you, or if you have experienced any of them in the past.
I think what you are experiencing should be of cardiovascular origin. This should either temporal spasms in arterial vessels or malfunction at the level of the heart, that reduce blood supply to particular areas of the heart at given points in time in various cycles. It would be very interesting to know whether your blood pressure values have been well monitored lately.
The opinion of a cardiologist is most important in this case.
Thanks and hope this helps. Wishing you very good health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.