Having sharp pain below collar bone and arm. Underlying cause and cure?

General Surgeon
I'm having sharp pains just below my collar none on the left side. It come and goes lasting about 5 seconds each. About every 40 secs to a minute. And pains coming and going on my right arm ?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such pain can be caused by rib nerve neuralgia (especially that it is sharp), muscle pain. However every chest pain radiating to the left arm should be checked with heart condition. It is strongly advisable for you to have heart ECG and heart enzymes (troponine and CK-MB) checked. Especially if also shortness of breath appears.
If heart problem will be ruled out, you may try Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20 mg once a day). Physical exercises to relax chest and back muscles should be also helpful. If no benefit from such treatment, you should than visit orthopedist.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.