Having sharp abdominal and back pain. How to treat this?

Stomach issuesHello my name is XXXXXXX and I'm having stomach along with my back pain.....I'm having sharp and dull pains mostly on my left side of mid stomach.I also been experiencing pain in back mainly on my left side in particular. Please help mind is going crazy.

Thank you

Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 31 minutes later

Thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

All of us at one point or another will experience abdominal(stomach)pain. Most of the causes are not serious and can be readily diagnosed and treated.
I would like to know a few more details to help you better

1. What is your age?
2. For how long have you been having this problem?
3. Is it associated with any of these like fever, vomiting, diarrhoea, painful urination etc?
4. how long does it last each time?
5.Does it occur after eating certain types of foods or after drinking alcohol?
6. Are you currently taking any medications or herbal supplements?
7. Does any activity such as eating or lying on one side relieve the pain?
8. Have you been injured recently?

It could be due to various causes like :
Indigestion, constipation, infection, gall stones, kidney stones, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Appendicitis etc.

Dont worry, once a diagnosis is made , we can treat you accordingly.

Hope the information was useful, im happy to answer further questions in this regard.

Take care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD