Having severe stomach pain and diarrhea. No relief from pepto bismol and alka-seltzer. Remedy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
diarrhea, stomach paini have bad pain in my lower left side and stomach, i also have severe diarrhea that is black looking in color.. should i be conserned and what is a easy remedy.. i have taken pepto bismol and alka-seltzer and it has been no help...
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 48 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

Your information is suggestive of Gastrointestinal infection with gastritis

Need some more detail before I can Reply :

Your age and dietry habits

How long is the pain there ?

Anyother associated symptoms ?

Get back to me with these replies and I will try to sort your query
Follow-up: Having severe stomach pain and diarrhea. No relief from pepto bismol and alka-seltzer. Remedy? 27 minutes later
well im 29 years old dont 3 regulars like i should ive bedn eating fruits and/ or fruit smoothies for breakfast and coffee.. lots of coffee throughout the day..other than that ill eat a fast food combo or nothing at all.. the fast food is usually spicy mexican or burger and fries..this is going on day 4 of pain & 2 days of bad diahhrea.. other than the stomach pain i do feel weak in my body and have minor headaches.. what caused this? is it serious what can i do to rid of it and the symptoms asap my best friends wedding is tommorow... please help & thank you
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later

Thanks for the information

Your information points to lot of irregularities

Coffee is both a source of gastritis and constipation

Junk food again adds to gastritis and diarrhea

I would suggest you avoid junk food, avoid coffee

Take a good probiotic and if need be a Gi antibiotic

A proton pump inhibitor twice a day for five to seven days will be of great help

Weak body and headaches are due to diarrhea

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Get well soon