Having severe stomach cramps, lower back pain and loss of appetite. Talking medication for depression. Had gastric by-pass surgery

May 2013
I have been having severe stomach cramps and lower back pain and a loss of appetite, with alot of gas and bloating. Now it has progressed to a severe hurting in my upper back just below and between my shoulder blades. I cannot lie on my back or sit for long periods of time with my back against the sofa as this makes the pain worse. Sometimes leaning forward will help the pain a little. I am taking medication for depression but I have noticed that my depression is worseening on some days. When I am hurting so bad all I want to do is stay in bed and I have to make myself go out of my home. I have had gastric by-pass surgery 11 years ago. I have days that I get really sweaty and weak and feel like jello on the inside, I assume that my blood sugar is dropping when this happens.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reflux esophagitis

Detailed Answer:
According to your history and description the possibilities are gastritis, reflux esophagitis etc.
As you undergone acids into the esophagus.
As your pain is getting relieved by leaning forwards this is pointing towards reflux esophagitis.
And also poor muscle tone in hypothyroidism may contribute to this.
Feeling of weakness, excessive sweating can be side effects of antidepressant drugs.
So you once consult general surgeon and get evaluated to detect the possible cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly.
And also consult your doctor who prescribed antidepressant drugs to you, explain regarding the side effects and follow his advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.