Having severe stomach ache and weakness during periods. Any medicine for relief?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
My Wife is having severe pain in stomach and also weekness during her periods. What would be the cause and any medicine for relief. This is happening from past 4 months.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Causes of excessive pain during periods(severe dysmenorrhea) are:
Structural causes like narrow cervical canal, retroverted uterus etc.
Pathological conditions like endometriosis, adenomyosis, pelvic inflammatory disease etc.
Lack of exercise or sedentary life style.
Emotional stress.

So let her once consult gynecologist to undergo physical examination and ultrasound.
With this primary workup the actual cause of her problem can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.
For symptomatic relief she can take tablets like meftal spas which is an antispasmodic, but for complete cure she has to undergo checkup.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.