Having severe pan n stomach and rib cage. Any treatment?

Hello, My name is XXXXXXX
I am 19 years old and for the past week I have been having major pain on the right lower side of my rib cage... The pain is so bad that I can barely walk. The first night i threw up a lot and for the past week I have been having major stomach pain only on the right lower side of my stomach. Everytime I poke that area it hurts a lot. I have a loss of appetite also.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
In your case would be very useful abdominal ultrasonography and/or X-ray, plus complete blood count, liver function test, urine analysis, plus physical exam to rule out any musculoskeletal causes, intercostal neuralgia where occurs similar signs and symptoms with pain alongside the ribs. All these tests will check your XXXXXXX organs-intestine, liver, gallbladder, etc. and definitely will clarify your condition. In meantime avoid excessive physical exercise, spicy, fatty food, assure adequate intake of fluids and vegetables.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,