Having severe pain while trying for intercourse. What is the cause and suggest some remedy?

I wanted to discuss something regarding my pain while trying to have sex.This was the first time for me, My partner and I was trying but couldn't do it because I had so much of pain and couldn't bear that. Next day also I am having pain. Can you please suggest me something asap.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 8 hours later

The pain could be mainly due to two conditions

1. Infection
2. Inadequate Lubrication.

If you are having itching, foul smelling discharge along with pain, then you need to rule out infection for which you need to visit a gynaecologist.

The most common cause for painful intercourse in the initial months of marriage is inadequate lubrication which is due to inadequate foreplay.

My suggestions are

1. Increase the foreplay to alteast 15 - 20 minutes
2. You can use waterbased Lubricants like K-Y Jelly / Vagisil

I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Still, I would be available for follow ups.

Wish you healthy sexual life

Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Republic of India

Life Member,
International Association of Sexual Medicine,
Indian Medical Association,
International AIDS Society, ‘
Indian Association for Sexology,
World Association for Sexual Health,
Association of Sexuality Educators, Counsellors & Therapists ,
Council of Sex Education and Parenthood International

“great sex.happy life”