Having severe pain while trying for intercourse. Looking for suggestion

Question
I wanted to discuss something regarding my pain while trying to have sex.This was the first time for me, My partner and I was trying but couldn't do it because I had so much of pain and couldn't bear that. Next day also I am having pain. Can you please suggest me something asap.

XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Painful intercourse can be due to several reasons like vaginismus ( where there is spasm of the vagina due to psychological factors), or due to a problem in the genital tract like an infection or endometriosis.
The following measures should help:
a.     Try and relax before and during the act. This should help the most. XXXXXXX breathing can help you relax
b.     Use a lubricant like KY Jelly to ensure that there is enough lubrication
c.     Indulge in some foreplay to ensure that you are relaxed and comfortable. Also an increase in the secretions will make it easier
d.     If these measures don’t help, please see a gynaecologist. An examination would be required to rule out an infection or another cause.

Hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.