Having severe pain on the right side from head to shoulder. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
having severe pain on the right side from head to shoulder from past 2 days
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probability of migraine or cervical disc.

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

First possibility as per presentation of your symptoms is migraine.
Migraine usually involves half part of your head and associated with nausea.
Pain is severe and aggravated by triggering factors like irritant smell, travelling.

Another possibility as you are having head and shoulder pain is cervical disc bulge compressing traversing nerve root.
When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take X XXXXXXX spine to see for severity of nerve compression, and when required MRI is done.
Some medication like muscle relaxant and analgesic [paracetemol] will reduce pain, you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

After clinical examination, medications for migraine like sumatriptans can started consulting your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.