Having severe pain in wrist and back all the time. How to cure this?

Jun 2013
Hello i am 33 years old and for a few weeks now i have been having a severe pains in my waist and my back and this week it has affected my erection. for about some weeks now i can't have good erection. i used to have erection in my sleep, early morning, during the day. but now it has all stoped, now i have this strange pains in my waist when sitting, walking, standing and even sleeping. i can only sleep at my back and nothing more please help me cure this from my body. for i have just married and is disturbing me a lot.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 1 hour later
Hi there ~

I understand your concern and I appreciate that you are asking your question on this forum. Having severe pains in your waist and back is indicative of muscle spasm or a referred pain due to infection in your pelvic area, especially, related to your urinary tract. You might need to see a doctor to get a urinalysis done and if necessary a culture and sensitivity if your urinalysis is positive for infection. Also having an STD (sexually transmitted disease) profile done would be very helpful and reassuring.

Firstly you might need to consult an psychiatrist to find out if you have any difficulties in your libido or have other mental health concerns like depression. Otherwise, you have a very common problem of erectile dysfunction and / or premature ejaculation and it can be easily treated with medications available during this time. The class of medication is called phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors (PDE5Inh) selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and it also helps with decreased libido which is a result of depression if you are going through one. I advise you to consult with a qualified psychiatrist who might be able to help in this regard. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Follow-up: Having severe pain in wrist and back all the time. How to cure this? 23 minutes later
Hello Doc. but then you as a doctor, what do u think could be the cause. because i have no mental illness and any of the sickness stated above, so please help me i know you can do something that's why i didn't hesitate paying for the consultation.
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 27 minutes later
Hi there ~

Please have your ECG and treadmill test done. If they are normal then proceed as below.

As a qualified mental health practitioner and a licensed neuropsychiatrist I would recommend the following for you:

1. Tab. Tadalafil 20 mg - take 1 tablet 15 to 20 minutes before sexual intercourse.
2. Tab. Fluoxetine 20 mg - take 1 tablet daily for 10 days then take 2 tablets daily for 10 days then 3 tablets daily for 10 day.
3. Tab. Pregabalin 75 mg - take 1 in the morning and 1 at night after meals.
4. Tab. Ibuprofen 600 mg - take 1 in the morning and 1 at night after meals.

Please let me know if you have any other problems.

Take care and have a lovely day!