Having severe pain in shoulder till neck. Got B12 shots. Have been icing and using ibuprofen. Suggest?

I have severe pain in my left shoulder radiating to my neck. I get B12 shots weekly in the deltoid. I have been icing and using ibuprophen with little relief.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 43 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
If you are having the pain in the same shoulder in which you are receiving the vit.B12 injection then the cause of pain in shoulder region may be due to a local abscess due to infection at injection site.
Other causes may be diseases like septic arthritis or osteoarthritis or a rent in shoulder capsule to lead to such symptoms.
You should get local physical examination by a local physician and follow advise.
An Xray of affected shoulder and a complete blood count would give valuble inputs.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!