Having severe pain in lower limb and sleeping difficulty. Suggest some relief

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have extreme pain in my both lower limb in Inattentive manner. Exact point of limb is fluctuating.
So, plz suggest. Due to extreme pain I am very incomfortable at the time of sleeping.

Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 19 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

Its difficult to make out the exact reason of your pain since you haven't mentioned much history. I need to know the following-

1. When did the pain start?

2. How long does it remain?

3. Has it increased since it was first noticed?

4. Does it have diurinal prediliction like only during night/evening/day?

5. What aggravates or relieves the symptoms?

6. Did you notice any swelling/redness/local warmth/enlarged blood vessels etc along the point of pain?

7. Do you do any activity that requires muscular exertion?

Kindly answer to these in order of their numbers. This will give me a fair idea of the situation and allow me to make a differential diagnosis. This wont substitute a sound clinical examination but I might be able to guide you further.
Awaiting your reply.