Having severe pain in head, memory problem and blurred vision. Should I consult a doctor?

Nov 2013

i had a very bad explosion like pain in my head in middle of night. i thought i was going to die. i didnt.the pain was like an explosion then it was just big pain..not like it feels as though i have fallen and hit my head. it feels bruised. i also remember thinking i was going to black out when the pain eyes did went blurry..then the pain was as tho i fell and smashed my head on floor..but i didnt..i also have had memory problems in the last few memory is very very becoming caught daily mant times wit the pain in my head lastnight is the worst i ever had..and it wasntblike a normal headach that throbs..i thought i was goibg to XXXXXXX before i got to bedroom..the bruise like feeling is scaring i need go hospital..i have a daughter.. people talking to me and i dont know or remember them from a few weeks ago..
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 42 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no threat to your life, and you need not worry.

However, I feel you should go to the hospital, and get a CT scan of the head done, as in rare cases, small bleeding inside the brain may cause similar symptoms.

But in most cases, CT scan would be normal, and it would turn out to be a migraine headache.

For pain relief, you can take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac.

I hope it helps. Please get abck if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist