Having severe pain in foot. What to do?

having severe pain in the foot below the foot nees
past many days please advice
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 1 hour later

Thank you for the query

I find your query not picked by any relevant expert, I wish to take it up as it is posted under General Category.

You meant pain not neuralgic pains

Causes of severe pain in foot below ankle , most common is plantar fascitis ( where pain occurs at sole region and it is more at early morning hours,it is chronic in nature), other causes are involvement of small joints of foot.

It should be confirmed by clinical examination and investigation ( X XXXXXXX foot AP and lateral view, blood count ,ESR, uric acid, and RA factor to know the aetiology of it).Physician/ orthopaedic to be consulted for same

You might require short course of pain killers such as diclofenac along with antacids and need to use soft sole chappals and avoid weight bearing

Hope that I have answered your question,Please get back if you require any additional information.

Good luck

Dr Sandhya Manorenj