Having severe pain in chest and back. Taking anxiety medications. Chest x-ray showed nodules on lung

For over two months I have been having constant general chest pain that radiates to my upper back that is not relieved with anti-aniexty medication. Along with said symptoms, the skin on my legs sometimes turns to a blotchy/lacey rash especially after showering or when I am cold. Also, on occasion I get sharp shooting pains in the top of my head and through my limbs only for 3-10 seconds. I was an avid runner (5-6 miles a day) however, since I have had the aforementioned symptoms I have been hardly able to run or workout at the level I am accustomed to. I have had an EKG and that appeared normal and a chest x-ray that showed several small nodules on my left lung (which my doctor did not express any concern). I am a 29 year old female, non-smoker, non-drinker, who was very active until as of recently. I am frustrated as I have been to several doctors who seem perplexed by my symptoms and have pretty much told me to "live with it" or "wait it out". I am just curious if anyone has every experienced or heard of cases like mine. I am at the end of my rope and any advice is greatly appreciated.
I was tested for GERD- negative.
Tested for Gallbladder disease/stones-negative.

My chest pain ranges from general pain to stabbing. However, I am constantly(24 hours a day) aware of my chest pain which is located in the center/mid area. Sometimes I feel it more on my left side. The pain in my back is between my shoulder blades. This pain is more dull/achey but seems to be associated with the chest pain. I XXXXXXX not believe I have anxiety and I have little if any stress in my life, but was prescribed ativan to see if it relieved any symptoms. If anything, these symptoms are causing me to be stressed.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The symptoms you have could be related either to the respiratory system or heart. Since both EKG and chest x-ray are normal or inconclusive. I suspect there to exist a milder form of nonspecific inflammation either due to autoimmune process or subclinical infection.

First, we have to be sure whether there exists an inflammation or the symptoms are due to structural defects to be identified. Test like ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are gold standard to identify any sort of inflammation in the body. Once, presence of the inflammation is confirmed then the cause for the same can be identified but treatment with anti inflammatory medications can be initiated immediately to halt the disease progress.

Do get the above mentioned blood tests done; we shall have a detailed discussion once the reports are out.

Wish you good health.