Having severe pain in back of head, metallic taste in mouth and painful diarrhoea. What to do?

Jan 2013

I have been having severe pain to ride side of the back of my head and have a metallic taste in mouth. And I'm not.sure their is a connection but my Bowel movements have been painful and diarrhea. Fatty mucous and stringy in consistency. I often go days without a bm.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
You should consult with physician and go for following investigation: Complete blood count, widal test, stool examination, ultrasound imaging and CT scan head, if required.
You may have enteric fever (Typhoid fever) as symptoms mentioned by you: metallic taste in mouth with abdominal upset. In typhoid fever, patient may have headache, myalgia, malaise, weakness, jaundice and other symptoms.
You should take complete antibiotic course.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava