Having severe pain in abdomen. Ultrasound showed stone in gall bladder. What to do?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My wife is having severe pain in abdomen for couple of times. We went for a ultrasound for complete abdomen and it seems that there is stone in gallbladder of size 6.7mm. Do we need to go for any surgery or it can be treated with medicine
If we go for surgery ,which is the best hospital for it at Hyderabad

Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
see a surgical gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
If I were to be her treating doctor, I would suggest an endoscopy first. It is essential to rule out acid peptic disease before labeling gall stone as the cause of pain. If the pain is indeed due to gall stone, then it is an acute condition and she may benefit from surgery.

I believe global hospital is well known for laparoscopic surgery in Hyderabad. You can visit this centre for further evaluation. As described above, you can ask for surgical gastroenterologist there.

Let me know if you need clarifications.