Having severe pain and swelling in foot. Had tibual and fibual fracture. Guide

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my muscle joints ache the dorsal of foot is causing severe pain and sometimes swell also
chronic disease deep pernoeal nerve not working on right side had tibual and fibual fracture 4 years back fractures have healed the rod that was implanted has since been removed but fibual side is still little tender when touched
the pain is also in lower back and cervical the report says spaces have been reduced and on lowerside the bone has straightened a bit
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The pain and swelling in the foot is likely to be due to a minor inflammation in the area. This could be related to a post traumatic inflammation.
Mild osteoarthritis after the injury could cause the pain that you are having.
I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and required investigations.
Meanwhile -
1. Do a hot fomentation on the affected area.
2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot.
3. Keep the foot elevated on two pillows while resting.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having severe pain and swelling in foot. Had tibual and fibual fracture. Guide 11 minutes later
the pain killer do not work at night i have had TRD Contin and i have done fermentation without success i have also been prescribed cold fermentation
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If the pain killers are not helping then taking a combination of pain killer and a muscle relaxant may provide a better relief. You can get it prescribed form your orthopedician. A hot compress will be more helpful in relieving the pain since there is no acute injury.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.