Having severe pain and heavy bleeding after taking mifepristone pill. Is there any pain relief medicine?

I am 33 year old female, having severe pain and heavy bleeding after the intake of 1 Mifepristone pill (MTP KIT DOSAGE). Haven't completed the full course,
that is:
1 Mifepristone pill. Each Mifepristone pill contains Mifepristone 200 mg ---(Consumed)
4 Misoprostol pills. Each Misoprostol pill contains Misoprostol 200 mcg ---(Unconsumed)

Is it compulsory for me to complete the full dosage or to skip the dosage,as the pain is very severe ?
Is there any medicine for pain relief that i can take to over come this pain ?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 38 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

These medications are very effective. They are most effective when taken as a full course. My concern, though, is that you are bleeding heavily and in a great deal of pain.

Depending on whether a pregnancy was confirmed in the uterus, the severe pain might be related to an ectopic pregnancy, or a pregnancy in a tube.

Based on the amount of bleeding that you are experiencing, and the amount of pain you are describing, I think that you need to seek care urgently. Someone needs to evaluate whether you need a D&C and to determine that the pregnancy was, in fact, in the uterus.

Please seek help and good luck!
Follow-up: Having severe pain and heavy bleeding after taking mifepristone pill. Is there any pain relief medicine? 4 hours later

I am really pleased by your instant reply.

I had sexual intercourse on 14,july 2012 and my menstrual cycle starts from every 17th or 18th of every month effectively , but as i missed my dates and was not in position of having another child, i took MTP KIT first dosage on 30,july 2012 and second dosage on 31,july 2012.
I want to know whether i may take a pain relief tablet or not & Will it be secure for me, to have any such tablets?
If yes,Please suggest pain relief tablets or capsules that will ease my pain. please...

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later

Hello again and sorry for my delay on this followup.

As I stated before, my concern is that you never had confirmation of WHERE the pregnancy was (in the uterus or somewhere else). Given you level of pain, this is my concern.

I still think you should be seen to be evaluated and make sure this is all going well. I am sure that it is OK to take medications for pain, but if the pain is severe, it should first be OK'ed by a physician. Patients often take tylenol or ibuprofen for pain and cramping, but this, again, should be confirmed after you are seen and make sure you are okay and it is safe.

I hope this helps. I am doing my best to help educate and steer you in the right direction.