Having severe oblique abdominal pain and noticed yellowish urine colour. What is going on?

yesterday I noticed my urine color is a yellow but no odor. I've been having severe oblique abdominal pain. On my back by my kidney and on my waist left side. I had red patches. They went away but the pain has not. Today I still have the pain in both of those areas but when I wipe after I pee theres a dark color cant tell if its red or dark brown. I dont have my peroid it ended a week ago. Wondering wats happening? my lower throat hurts to swallow as well. My vaginal wall is very tight and hurts as I urinate.. Help me?????
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 49 minutes later
Hello there,

Dehydration is most common cause of dark yellow urine which is due to inadequate water intake.

Certain foods can also lead to dark yellow urine. For example,asparagus, beet root and carrots can impart a dark yellow color to urine. But this does not explain your other symptoms.

Other than medications and foods that mainly cause temporary darkness of urine, persistent abnormal coloration of urine can be attributed to some diseases related to liver, kidney and urinary bladder.

Hematuria (blood in urine) can give a red or dark yellow tinge to urine, due to the presence of red blood cells.

Your severe oblique abdominal pain can be attributed to kidney stones and if you have a family history of stones, the likelihood of having them is even more.

The sensation of your vagina being "tight" and the feeling that it "hurts" could be attributed to throat pain you are experiencing might not have any correlation with your abdominal problem and may be as isolated entity.

Infections of the urinary tract present with dark urine with a strong and offensive odor along with tendency to urinate frequently and a burning sensation while urinating. Pain during urination or in the lower abdomen can also be seen. Fever can also be present.

Several tests and examinations like blood test, liver function test, examination of urine sample, urinalysis as well as ultrasound of both kidneys and urinary bladder are often required to identify the underlying cause. The results of these diagnostic tests would in turn determine the course of treatment.

Have you got any tests done lately ?

Kindly revert back for helping us understand your problem better.