Having severe lower back pain, facing difficulty to move leg. Should I visit ER?

I have had severe low back pain for the past 3 nights, difficulty moving my right leg due to pain. It seems to be getting progressively worse. I have no orthopedic symptoms during the day, or when sitting/standing up. I would consider it 10/10 pain. Is this a condition that would warrant going to the ER over the weekend?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 25 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The back you have developed is most obvious right sciatica which have resulted due to disc compression most probably at the level of lumbar or sacral vertebra. The most common reason for such condition is overweight, prolong sitting posture or long use of soft mattress with height. Trauma is also of the main cause

The pain in such conditions is very much severe and with the progression of disease there is development of other symptoms like numbness and tingling sensations. sometimes there may be loss of sensations of loss of tone and power the affected side which is an emergency and is indication for surgery

It is recommended to visit neurologist for better management. you will be required to have an x-ray of lumbosacral spine along with the CT scan or MRI of the same region. You can use diclofenic sodium for pain relief along with vitamin B complex both are on the counter available drugs.

If you still have some qeury, feel free to ask