Having severe leg pain in back of knees and calf muscles. Feeling chills and nausea. What to do?

Ihad a very tiring week then on sunday I had sever leg pain in back of of my knees and calf musles. I also had chills all day and nausa. What could this be?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
Bone and muscle pain with chills and nausea indicate a viral syndrome per se.
But if you have taken a tinned food or have dined outside and have some abdominal discomfort and loose motion in addition the problem may be food poisoning.
Please take full rest, bath with lukewarm water, have good meal- soft diet and take tab. Paracetamol(Acetaminophen) 500mg 6hrly for 3days.
Viral syndrome and mild food poisoning are self limiting and would resolve in that time.
If problem persists even after 3days then consult you physician and he will get you CBC, RFT, Chest Xray done and I would advise you should get Liver function test and hepatitis viral marker assays also in that case.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!