Having severe leg pain. Lipid profile test showed CHOD - PAP is 179.9 mg/dl, Triglycerides: 334.5 mg/dl and HDL:32.5 mg/dl. Medication needed?

My Uncle (Neelashekar) has been having severe leg pain since one week. He has got the Lipid profile done. His,
CHOD - PAP is 179.9 mg/dl,
Triglycerides (GPO?Peroxidase) is 334.5 mg/dl
HDL Cholestrol is 32.5 mg/dl
LDL Cholestrol is 80.5 mg/dl
VLDL cholestrol is 66.9 mg/dl
CHOL/HDL Ratio is 5.5

Please let us know what is the preferred medication required to be taken
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
High triglycerides level

Detailed Answer:

Your uncle seems to having a mild derangement in the lipid profile.

All the values mentioned are normal except for Triglycerides, that is high at 334.5 mg/dl.

I have gone through the uploaded reports. Thank you for the same.

The preferred medication for same is the fibrate group of drugs. I usually prescribe Fenofibrate to my patients depending on their body needs. One example is Tablet Fenacor. This is a prescription drug. Please ask your uncle's doctor to prescribe him this medicine after careful clinical examination based on his body weight.

In addition, he must exercise regularly and avoid high fatty food.

Hope this helps you.