Having severe leg cramps and discomfort in stomach with occasional diarrhea. Prescribed colpermine. Suggest?

Suffering severe leg cramps and also some discomfort in stomach area and very occasional diarohea.
Also suffer occasional left side discomfort
Have been prescribed colpermin which I assume is for IBS
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 45 minutes later
Dear sir,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your history I see that you are getting severe cramps in your legs .Generally it can be a result of electrolyte abnormalities . I advise you to get your calcium , sodium , potassium levels done .

A vitamin D level is also advisable . Since you suffer from IBS it can be the cause of diarrhoea or occasional discomfort you experience . A USG abdomen is advisable to rule out any pathology.

I advise you to see your treating doctor and discuss these possibilities and act according to his advise .

Wish you a good health.

Dr. Shruti