Having severe indigestion, numbness in chest and heartburn. What could this be?

I have had severe indigestion and heartburn for the last week. It has been followed by numbness in my chest and throat. For the last two days, I have been experiencing numbness and tingling from my head down most of my spine and my neck aches. Dizziness and nausea.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You need thorough investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms that you experience were because of multiple issues that you may be having. I would like to investigate for GERD, Cervical spondylosis and migraine to start with. Do not use NSAID pain killers for sometime. You may require alternative medications which you can get from the doctor after examination. You may need a trial of the course with Proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole for about two weeks. This should help for heart burn, gastritis and numbness in the throat. I would also advice an Xray Cervical spine for cervical spondylosis after physical examination. Autoimmune disease should be ruled out in the wake of positive history with angioedema and urticarial rash. I suggest you to XXXXXXX an XXXXXXX Medicine specialist who can help to deal with the initial set of symptoms. YOu had not mentioned any medication use in your query. Hope this gives you some direction.
Follow-up: Having severe indigestion, numbness in chest and heartburn. What could this be? 8 hours later
My insurance starts on Nov 1. Is this something that can wait until then or should I try to make an appointment now. I am not currently taking any prescribed medication at this time. Just some Advil and Dramamine for my pain and nausea.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: you can wait unless it increases Detailed Answer: Yes you can wait. Till then try prilosec otc twice daily before breakfast and dinner.
Follow-up: Having severe indigestion, numbness in chest and heartburn. What could this be? 4 days later
Hi, I am still not feeling very well. I feel like I have the flu; however, I have no fever. My neck is aching, my back (spinal area), my thorat and ears hurt. I'm trying to debate on whether or not to go to the ER as I have no medical insurance. Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 30 hours later
Brief Answer: Schedule appointment and visit doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, I suggest you to schedule appointment and visit the XXXXXXX Medicine specialist. ER would not be of help to you. It is only for emergency. The ER physicians are not great diagnosticians. More over ER charges are higher than the regular appointments. If you are taking Advil then PRILOSEC OTC would not work. So stop Advil and just stick to PRILOSEC twice a day half an hour before food. Thank you.