Having severe headaches and pain above eyebrow. Could it be migraine problem?

I have been having severe headaches lately that begin with a feeling similar to inhaling Vick's in my nose but has more of a metallic smell. I also have pain above the right eyebrow that feels like a bruise to the touch. I also have mastoiditis or at least that is what a CT showed last year. No Dr has suggested a treatment for it though. During the headaches I have visual this just a migraine or something more troublesome?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 5 hours later

As per the history you have symptoms suggestive of migraine. Your doctor will evaluate you for the same. If these symptoms are very frequent, or they are intolerable, he will advise you medicines which prevent migraine. In addition, for acute attack, a suitable pain relieving medicine will be given. During investigations, an EEG (Electroencephalogram) may also be considered by your doctor.

Finding of mastoiditis on CT is a frequent observation and as such does not require any treatment or investigation.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Having severe headaches and pain above eyebrow. Could it be migraine problem? 18 hours later
I have had constant drainage from both ears but primarily the right (same side the CT report named)...could all of this be related? It is a clear watery type of drainage that dries up and blocks my hearing. I have to remove it several times a day. Any advice would be appreciated
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 days later

I apologize for the delayed response.

Your ENT complaint is not related directly to headache and it should be dealt separately.

The constant discharge from the ear suggests ear pathology and can be treated by an ENT surgeon. You should consult a competent ENT surgeon for careful examination and investigations.

Hope this answers your query. Write back for further assistance.