Having severe headaches accompanied by nausea. Dent was left by a goose egg on head. Suggest treatment

Ophthalmologist
Question
I have been having servere headaches accompanied by nausea for a few months now. I also have a strange buzzing in my head every now Abd then. It is definitely in my head, not my ears. Very recently I have also had some hallucinations.
I wasn't sure what may be causing this until I rubbed my forehead today and remembered my "dent."
About 6 years ago when my son was small he through a solid piece of metal at me the weighed about 2 lbs. I had a huge goose egg on my head, and pain but never sought treatment. After the swelling went down and it healed, I was left with a dent in my forehead.
What could have caused the dent, and could I be having symptoms from this all these years later?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be Migraine heada ache.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

It seems from the history that you have headache associated with nausea, hallucinations.... for past few months. You have also quoted about history of injury to head about 6 years ago.

From the symptoms you have quoted my first diagnosis will be Migraine, as all the symptoms are typically seen in migraine.

Regarding head injury, since it was 6 years ago it is unlikely to be a cause for present headache. However it needs to be ruled out before starting treatment for migraine. This can be done by examination by a physician and by radiological test like CT scan.

Hence I advice you to consult physician both for evaluation as I have mentioned above and for treatment of migraine if the diagnosis is confirmed.

Coming to the second question of dent, it is because of injury you had 6 years ago and it is unlikely to see symptoms because of it after almost 6 years.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you

Follow-up: Having severe headaches accompanied by nausea. Dent was left by a goose egg on head. Suggest treatment 3 minutes later
Do migraines typically occur on the same side? I am also not sensitive to light or soynd abd they are not helped by any medications. The headache i had yesterday caused severe nausea and ended up causing me to vomit. Could any of these symptoms be a sign of something more serious?

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
symptoms can indicate serious disease

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thank you for the follow up query.

Headache associated with nausea and vomiting is seen typically in Migraine, it can also be seen following head injuries because of raised intracranial pressure. But in head injuries it is seen in acute setting following few days of injury.

In your case I am not suspecting it because of the long time interval.

Sensitivity to light called as photophobia is find sometimes in migraine but it is not found in all the cases.

Hence I advice you to consult physician for evaluation of both the conditions and treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you