Having severe headache mostly in the morning and sometime feel like vomiting. Worrisome

I am having a lot of headache....Its more in the mornings when I wake up.. sometimes I have vomiting also..
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, it could be migraine which is a severe, painful headache that is often preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. The excruciating pain that migraines bring can last for hours or even days. Migraine headaches result from a combination of blood vessel enlargement and the release of chemicals from nerve fibers that coil around these blood vessels. During the headache, an artery enlarges that is located on the outside of the skull just under the skin of the temple (temporal artery). This causes a release of chemicals that cause inflammation, pain, and further enlargement of the artery. A migraine headache causes the sympathetic nervous system to respond with feelings of nausea, and vomiting. This response also delays the emptying of the stomach into the small intestine (affecting food absorption), decreases blood circulation (leading to cold hands and feet), and increases sensitivity to light and sound. Will recommend you to kindly get yourself examined by your clinician to confirm the diagnosis and can prescribe the medications. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks