Having severe hair fall. Prescribed cobadex forte and monoxil 5%. Is this medication okay?

Hi, since around maybe 1 year and half, the texture of my hair start changing, they started to become very very thin, and since 3 to 4 months ago, i started to notice that i had less hair, and since this last month, much more less hair, i dont particulartly see that im losing hair everyday, only when i wash my hair. The big change is they are very much THIN and i have much more less on my head, with some small parts on my head where you can see much more less hair. I Went to see a dermatologist and he didt tell me what is the reason, he thinks that im stressed and im not at all. He gave some pills Cobadex Forte and this liquid Monoxil 5% that i had to put on my scalp. Is this medication okay? it will help STOP my hair loss? My hair will grow again? My hair will restart to be thicker? Where is the cause of all this change? I have done the Tyroid test and sugar test, and everything is normal. I really eat very well, fruits and a lot of vegetables everyday. But maybe it the stress? Im not stressed right now, but 7 months ago, i had a big emotional choc regarding the desease of my mom. It can be related, it can cause the hair loss after all this month passed? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING ME UNDERSTAND;
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The thinning of the hairs that you are having is likely to be related to a dietary deficiency and stress. The treatment that you are getting- a multivitamin and Minoxidil lotion is likely to help with your problem.
The thin texture of hairs reflects the nutritional status of a person.
You can follow some simple measures to help your hairs grow better -
1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good lusture and to cover the damaged parts.
2. Take iron and zinc supplements.
3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long durations.
4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust , etc.
5. Take high doses of vitamin B6 and folic acid.
6. Stay away from stress and anxiety.
7. Scalp massage- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers is one of the most effective method for the prevention and treatment of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having severe hair fall. Prescribed cobadex forte and monoxil 5%. Is this medication okay? 1 hour later
Thank you very much Doctor for this detailed answer.
I will follow your advice. I have two more questions :
1. Do you know if i will have back again a THICKER hair or my hair will always grow thiner?
2. How long its gone take approximately to see the change : thicker hair and more hair?
Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes with good diet and supplements you can get back your thick hairs. If you are genetically having a thin hair since your birth then it is difficult to alter the texture of your hairs.
It will take at least 8 weeks of regular treatment for the results to show.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.