Having severe gas problem. Tried Gelusil syrup. Lot of flatulence. What should I do?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am having severe gas problem for the last one month. I tried Gelusil syrup, but no use. I get the gas problem daily by around 3.00 pm. There is a lot of flatulence too. I have good bowel moments too. What should I do ?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer given below

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
For relief from gas, you need to avoid gas forming food items like beans, cauliflower, cabbage, XXXXXXX pears, soda, soft drinks, milk and milk products and packaged food like bread.
You should also avoid smoking, chewing gum and drinking through straw.
You can take medications like Galto and gasofilm for relief from flatulence.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having severe gas problem. Tried Gelusil syrup. Lot of flatulence. What should I do? 21 minutes later
Hi doctor
Let me tell you my daily routine. This might help you understand my food habits.
I get up in the morning by 6.00 am. Have a glass of warm water with honey. Eat 1 or 2 rotis. Go to the gym, work out for an hour. Have a bowl of wheat flakes by 9.30, without sugar. At 1.30 pm I will have 5 rotis and dal. 4.30 pm I will have a fruit bowl and limejuice with salt. 8.30 pm dinner - which is either 5 rotis and dal or Oats ( no sugar, no salt, no milk). I do not smoke, I do not drink. Now you please tell me what I step I can take with my food habits. I also eat one fish oil tablet a day for Omega 3.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer given below.

Detailed Answer:
Your diet looks pretty good.
But the wheat flakes and Oats can cause gas, bloating and flatulence. Fish oil tablets can also have some side-effects.
So try to avoid these two.
Along with that, take the medications I have mentioned in my previous post.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having severe gas problem. Tried Gelusil syrup. Lot of flatulence. What should I do? 17 minutes later
Perfect. Thanks doctor.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome