Having severe cold and dry cough. Do not want to take antibiotics. Suggest

i have a severe cold and dry cough for the past one week, I do not want to take an antibiotic course.....Please advise
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
Brief Answer: take symptomatic treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Sorry about your current health condition. Of course, you need not take antibiotic for cold and cough unless they are bacterial in origin. I usually prescribe my patients with a Tablet of Allercet DC at night only for 3 to 5 days, along with Syrup TusQ -D around 10ml twice daily to get rid of the cold and dry cough. You can try this as well. Also, doing steam inhalation and salt water gargling thrice daily will give faster recovery. Home therapy measures like hot ginger milk, green tea, hot soups can be relieving as well. Get well soon.