Having severe chest pain. Should I be concerned?

Have been having severe sharp chest pains while sleeping usually once or twice a week. When I roll over they go away and I go back to sleep, so I have not worried about them. Shoulg I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 51 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The description is highly suggestive of muscle spasm.

No need for immediate concern unless the pain is from the heart – which is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on... you have nothing to suggest a heart problem.

However, any pain at this age should be investigated – not to entertain, but to exclude – basic problem. See your doctor - Have an ECG & X-ray chest...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck