Having severe burning sensation in chest and stomach also feel pain when stomach is pressed. Underlying cause?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
hi sir/madam,
I'm having severe burning sensation in my chest and stomach region and i also feel pain when i press the left upper part of stomach. i'm feared abt this issue.
pls suggest me some remedies, is it cancerous?
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in XXXXXXX
The features which you have described are suggestive of gastritis. If there is no vomiting, no passage of black stools then you need not worry.
Ensure that the timings of your meals is regular and that you do not consume too much of spices alcohol and coffee.
A mild protective agent such as sucralfate along with a proton pump inhibitor for 3 weeks will help in healing.
If symptoms still persist then a endoscopy would be indicated.
The chances of cancer are extremely less.
I hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Having severe burning sensation in chest and stomach also feel pain when stomach is pressed. Underlying cause? 8 minutes later
oh, thanks a lot sir, i got confused that it will be cancerous and got fed up.
Now I'm completely relaxed, sir if u don't mind. suggest me the respective tablets name and how to use those tablets. (i.e once in a day like that. ) pls respond me earlier sir i can't able to withstand the burning sensation sometimes and I've to study for my exams too

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 7 minutes later
thanks for the feedback.
I would suggest the following.
1.Sucralfate suspension 1 tablespoon after each meal (1-1-1) X 21 days
2.Proton pump inhibitor (e.g. Omeprazole) 20mgms (one capsule at bed time)x21 days.
3.Preferred food items: one banana at breakfast and one after dinner.
Cucumber with each meal as a salad. Plenty of water.
I hope this answers your doubt.
regards

Follow-up: Having severe burning sensation in chest and stomach also feel pain when stomach is pressed. Underlying cause? 1 hour later
Hi sir
I've to thank you for your clear recommendation of tablets and consultation. I'll follow these things as u told. and one more thing sir all these tablets will be available in all medical shops?

Yes all these medications will be available at any chemist shop.