Having severe blocked nose and throat infection. What is the cure?

I am having severe blocked nose & throat infection.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Upper respiratory tract infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Upper respiratory tract infection is a infection involvimg nose and throat and can be sometimes very distressing. It mostly occurs cause of viral infection but soke times can occur due to bacterial infection as well. It wiol require an antibiotic like cefexime 200mg twice a day with crocin 500mg twice a day. Cetrizene 5 mg will take care of the blocked nose. Drink plenty of water and do warm saline gargles atleast 3 times a day. This will take around 3 - 5 days to heal so be patient. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.