Having severe back pain and headache. Diagnosed with urethra tract infection. Treated with cipro, gabapentin and vicodin. Guide?

Question
I have severe lower back and right side pain. discharged from hospital after 3 days. Diagnosis was urethra tract infection and severe back pain. I am being treated with cipro, gabapentin and vicodin (7.5-700). Does this sound right to you? Pain is less than before but still there. Headache is worse.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 32 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The pain you are suffering can be explained by an extensive urinary tract infection.
The treatment you are receiving is appropriate, headache may be due to drug Vicocin having opiods drug. You can take plain paracetamol650mg three times a day for pain.
Your pain is subsidize andif no fever is there then the infection would be cleared with full two week course.
ut I would like you to get a complete blood count, renal function test, urine routine and culture to see the severity and nature of infection and an ultrasound of whole abdomen to know the extent.
All these reports may help fine tune the treatment and if anything goes wrong about response to treatment then antibiotics can be directed as the reports from these investigations.
I hope the advise would be useful for you.

Follow-up: Having severe back pain and headache. Diagnosed with urethra tract infection. Treated with cipro, gabapentin and vicodin. Guide? 20 hours later
I am going on a long trip to the West Coast and have to take my Desmopressin nasal spray along. It says to keep bottle refrigerated and upright. Have you any suggestions on how I could get it there and how to keep it refrigerated once there? Would an ice bucket be ok? Need advice!

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
The desmopressin is a fragile peptide hormone and must be stored a temperatures of 2-8 degrees.
An ice pack/bottle is a perfect solution to the storage problem during travels.
When you reach your destination you can keep in in the refrige of the hotel or nearby general store/medical stores with request.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.