Having severe back pain. Developed bed sore on tail bone. Mild orthostatic hypotension. Remedy?

Spine Surgeon
Question
Thank you. Its a rather lengthy story, so here goes. 4 weeks ago I decreased my busperion from 450 to 300 mg daily. 3 weeks ago I fell frontward off a 3 foor sand embankment and 2 days later pound flying duck hit the front of my motoercycle, big impact only. Severe back pain ensued And I spent about a week mostly in bed. Subsquently developed a bed sore on my tail bone. Took my weight. 144. usual weight is 165. I developed moderate to severe weekness mostly in my legs and became increasingly unsteady. Pedal edema, plus2 or 3 pitting developed.
Mild SOB developed upun exertion, and some mild orthostatic hypotension. Hospital tests negative abdomen sonogram, negative abdominal contrast C scan, negative chest x XXXXXXX and negative chemical cardiac stress test. labs show mild elevations in liver enzymes and slightly decreased gfr. my wbc normal is 4000 and under, it is now 0000 to 0000. I am besides myself to figure all this out. 5 weeks ago I was as healthy as I get. and now???

I see my primary this Thursday....and I have since resumed my 450 mg of busperion daily... I am now 150 #, but I,\'m afraid its mostly fluid. oh yes there was mild fluid in my retroperitoneal space on c scan...

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 59 minutes later
I am concerned about the weakness in the legs. How is the sensations in the legs? This needs to be investigated as early as possible. In your case It could be due to spine injury or spine infection. Please consult a spine specialist and you need to get spine Xray and may be MRI spine. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having severe back pain. Developed bed sore on tail bone. Mild orthostatic hypotension. Remedy? 47 hours later
my dr. is referring me for an mri, and then a spinal surgeon. Sensation in the legs is uneffected. I thought of something else to tell you.. I've been getting the hiccups perodically and I usually don't get hiccups. I got to say though the weekness in my legs is worse. I can't get up ferom a squatting position with out pulling myself up with something nearby. I'm starting to worry about this

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 21 minutes later
Please do the things as early as possible. Hiccups may be due various reasons? have you checked the kidney functions recently? Increased urea can cause such problem. Let me know your MRI findings to guide you more. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having severe back pain. Developed bed sore on tail bone. Mild orthostatic hypotension. Remedy? 1 hour later
dates 2/1 4/29 5/15 6/13 6/20 normals

gfr 65 78 56 56 60 >59

bun 18 22 41 41 36 6-24

creatine 1.21 1.04 1.38 1.38 0.90 76-1.27

protien 6.6 6.3 5.9 5.9 5.3 6.0-8.5

albumin 4.6 4. 3.9 3.9
3.0 3.5-5.5

2/1 4/29 5/15 6/13 6/20

WBC 4,500 11,000 4800 11,300 10,210
segs 59% 59% 65% 83% 88%(bands 4%)
platlets 19,000 236,000 168,000 135,000 84,000
AST 32 33 68 68 60
ALT 20 48 89 89 76
urine protien trace

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 18 hours later
Thanks for the information.
counts are little high but still in normal range. Other results are ok. No significant abnormality. Please get back once you get the MRI. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having severe back pain. Developed bed sore on tail bone. Mild orthostatic hypotension. Remedy? 2 hours later
OK..My MRI is scheduled for this Saturday...

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 25 hours later
sure!