Having sensitive rear left molar. Will my gums be infected by maggots?
User rating for this question
Hello I am a bit of an alarmist. Someone just showed me a "you tube" video of a man with non existent dental hygiene having teeth pulled revealing many, many maggots in his gums. I have 1 sensitive rear left molar. I would know if my gums were infested with maggots wouldn’t I? Also what is your recommendation regarding the sensitivity to cold for my left molar? The maggot video was the sickest thing I think I’ve ever seen. Thank you for forwarding this to a dentist.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Maggot infestation is less likely... Detailed Answer: Hello, I would like you to know that if your oral hygiene is proper you will never get a gum infection. I personally have never experienced a case with gum infestation . I would request you not to go by those videos alone. For a sensitive molar I believe it can be from a initial dental decay or from a periodontal problem around gums surrounding the molar. I will recommend you to see your dentist for a quick check , as clinical examination is important to rule out the cause. Your dentist might prescribe an x-ray for the tooth as well. Do not worry, professional cleaning followed by a filling of your tooth if needed will definitely resolve sensitive molar. I hope I answered your query, If you have any further questions, feel free to write back. I wish you good health, Take care.
People also viewed
- Anteverted uterus with fibroid and cervix erosion
- What is uterus is anteverted with the above normal measurements
- Lost tooth pea sized lump on gums may have fluid
- Pain in gums behind molars
- Sore gum behind molar
- Fundal fibroid symptoms and problems in anteverted uterus
- The uterus is anteverted with a single gestational sac
- Tooth ache and headache getting sinus infection
- Gum growth behind molar
- Bleeding from gums redness around incisor taking eltroxin medication treatment
- Swollen gum around molar
- Headache worsening vision wisdom teeth broken off related
- Is intercourse safe in anterior placenta
- Hole in gums behind molar
- Installed crown on molar why is there pain now