Having sensitive nipples. Pain is noticed when touched. Suggest the treatment?

I have sensitive nipples I am a male 78 years old pain is noticeable when touch during shower tiny area
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later

Welcome to Health care magic.

Sensitiveness of the nipples at this age juncture is quite possible because of the hormonal derangement.

Male hormones(testosterone are less produced at this age so female hormone do start working more and thus produce some feminish characteristics to develop.

Many times people develop gynaecomastia (enlarged breast) because of this hormonal disbalance.

This is one of the important cause of painful tender nipples at this age.

Anti inflammatory analgesic drugs along with the hot fomentation will of some help.

Hope your query is answered with your satisfaction.

Please feel free for more clarification.