Having sensation of something being in throat and have a rough cough Endoscopy was clear. Advise?

Went to ENT one week ago, had nasal endoscopy for throat, doc said all clear.
Would that scoping show issues with my esophagus or trachea? I'm still having some sensation of something being in my throat, and have a rough cough occasionally.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Nasal endoscopy helps in viewing only nasal passages and sinus areas.
Your ENT doctor might be wanting to exclude sinusitis as it results in post nasal drip which results in repeated cough bouts.
Nasal endoscopy doesn't show trachea or esophagus.
As far as throat is concerned,your doctor would have definitely seen it properly.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Having sensation of something being in throat and have a rough cough Endoscopy was clear. Advise? 34 minutes later
thank you, doctor. the ent put a flexible scope through my nose and down my throat, and made me sing. i thought he may have been able to see into my esophagus as well. i had an upper endo with gi doc in dec 2011 with normal findings. is it too soon to repeat endo? thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
The purpose to make you utter a word or sing is to have a look at your vocal cords.
As far seeing trachea and esophagus is concerned,a very small upper portion is visualised and this generally is insufficient to make any comment.
For proper visualisation of oesophagus,you have to get a gastric endoscopy done and similarly to see the trachea,you haver to get a bronchoscopy done.
Regarding your question about getting a repeat endoscopy by a GI doctor is concerned,it depends upon your symptoms.
Would you please tell me why was gastro endoscopy done in 2011?
And second thing is that why are you thinking in terms of a repeat gastroscopy.