Having sarcoidosis. Test showed T2 weighting present in the white matter. What are the complication?

Neurologist
Question
several scattered small foci of increased signal intensity and T2 weighting are present in the XXXXXXX white matter of the frontal lobes due to age related XXXXXXX white matter ischaemic changes
I have sarcoidosis could this be related in any way. I have had no middle ear infections and work full time in a managerial capacity
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 14 hours later
Dear,

Finding several small foci of increased signal intensity in the XXXXXXX white matter of brain is a finding commonly seen on MRI. It is more common in elderly, hypertensive, and diabetes. They are generally asymptomatic and these lesions per se do need any treatment. Underlying condition, if any, needs attention.

These lesions can be seen sometimes in sarcoidosis also but unlikely in your case because of its size and distribution.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concern.

Dr. Pratap

Follow-up: Having sarcoidosis. Test showed T2 weighting present in the white matter. What are the complication? 19 minutes later
What about the Mastoiditis
So you are saying these scattered foci are not a problem? I do not have hypertension or diabetes and do not smoke?

Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXX

These scattered foci do need any treatment. As risk factors are not there, you need not to worry on this count.
Mastoiditis, unless symptomatic, does not need further evaluation and treatment.

Hope this helps you.

Pratap