Having runny nose while eating. What do you suggest?
User rating for this question
My symptom is a nose that runs when I'm eating. Very thin, clear.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gustatory Rhinitis Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffering from the gustatory rhinitis. It is the non allergic type of the rhinitis. It is caused by eating foods that irritate your nasal passages i.e. Spicy Foods, Alcohol, Chocolate, Coffee, Tea and Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, limes and even tomatoes). In its mild form, the problem usually goes away on its own shortly after you stop eating the food which is causing it. But in moderate or severe form Ipratropium bromide nasal spray is useful in this condition if it is not contraindicated. An oral antihistamine would be a second-line option. Consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
People also viewed
- Having runny nose while eating what do you suggest
- Bacteria behind earlobe
- Runny nose while cycling
- Is drinking bad for laryngitis
- Polypoid mucosal thickening loss of balance
- Throbbing in lower left abdomen
- What causes runny nose
- Three types of goals to losing weight
- Tests for osgood schlatter disease
- Red wax in babies ear 7 months
- Suggest treatment for runny nose
- Ciprodex bad for perforated eardrum
- Thread worms in adults
- What causes runny nose after eating
- Thick yellow mucus from nose