Having runny mouth and going to vomit. Had diarrhoea. Head was spinning and feeling dizzy. Could I ask a doctor?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Last night when I went to bed, the room was spinning and I was dizzy! I thought if I went to sleep I'd be OK in the morning. I was afraid to stand so waited a moment in the morning. By the time I got to the bathroom, I had a runny mouth, like I was going to vomit. I never did and it all went away. I also had some diarrea, but OK now. I am not feeling myself though.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probable gastroenteritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The symptoms you describe suggest you have mild gastroenteritis. This may pass in 24 hours. In the meantime, rest if possible and drink water or electrolyte drink if you feel well enough. Do not eat if you feel nauseous. Paracetamol for headaches, muscle aches or fever.
Generally, you should improve in the next 24 hours. If you get worse then it would be advisable to see a doctor for an anti-emetic to help with the nausea or vomiting.
I hope you make a speedy recovery.
Dr K A Pottinger,