Having round purple area with a raised mole with a white top. What could it be?

half inch diameter round purple area with a raised mole (1/4") with a white top. Appeared in one day
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later

Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Your explanation suggests infection of either
1. sweat gland or 2. sebaceous gland or 3. hair follicle as these are the most commonly presenting problem which suits your explanation.

White top suggests pus pointing. So this need to be drained under aseptic condition. Apply warm compression over the swelling. Once drained you need to apply topical antibiotic cream.

You can take NSAID like aceclocenac for pain and to reduce inflammation.

Keep the area dry and clean. Use good antiseptic soap and maintain good hygiene.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask if any further question and I will be glad to answer that.

Wish you good health.