Having rocasea on cheek. Probed with scissors. Having white heads. Prescribed with doxycline and an antibiotic gel. Is it the right medication?

Hi I am 68 yrs old and went to a dermatologist the other day she said i had beautiful skin however last yr I had a case of rocasea on my face, it really affected me psychologically, we'll I have an area on my left cheek that I picked and probed at with razors cuticle scissors the skin has wrinkled and this area breaks out with little white heads, oh the dr said I had a mild case of rocasea and gave me doxycline in a low dose 1 pill twice a day and an antibiotic gel 1x2adayshe said this is adult acne, do you think this will work. Where do I look for my answer...?...
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 37 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic

The treatment that you are on, that is Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day works well for both rosacea and acne. You did not mention the name of the antibiotic gel, any ways most of them works on both Rosacea and Acne. So I feel it will work. Give it some time. It will take atleast 2 weeks for onset of action.

I saw the photo you uploaded. Instead of the television if you could upload a close up shot of your cheek it would be of great help.

Hope this helped.If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.